• Gigabyte z270d-p3 Bios F8
  • CPU/APU
    • Intel i5 6500
    • power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
      • EVGA 800w Gold
  • RAM
    • 12GB 

Describe your issue:

• Every so often playing games and also general desktop, i will get a random black screen flicker, and it flickers and back to normal sometimes quick sometimes longer. i have downgraded drivers , upgraded , checked windows updates and drivers for mobo etc.... fresh install of OS . still same issue? 

It happens when playing games and flickers black and then back to normal.

attached AMD report.

0 Likes
13 Replies
andkalm
Journeyman III

Does your problem include the indication

"Default Radeon WattMan settings has been restored due to unexpected situation"?

If yes, there is a relevant thread you can check out.

0 Likes

Unfortunately doesn’t do that

Regards

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
scottgaliger
Journeyman III

I had the exact same problem with the exact same card.  What fixed it for me was to go to Radeon Settings/Gaming/Global Settings/Global Wattman and then change the speed/temperature setting to manual and boost it up on after 45 degrees or so.  Will make the card louder, but fixed it for me after a week of messing with it with no luck.  YMMV good luck.  

0 Likes

scottgaliger, can you please give some more details as to what settings you applied?

0 Likes

Unfortunately that didn’t work!! I downgraded to win7 and that seems ok, so far! But I don’t get , brand new cpu an motherboard, my gpu worked okay on my old motherboard and cpu but not my new kit

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes

global wattman.PNG

0 Likes

I tried it byt sadly did nothing for me . Thank for shating anyway.

0 Likes
spartakus
Adept I

I have had this issue since purchasing my AMD gear. RX Vega 64, zenith extreme, 1950X. Im using a Samsung 4k TV SJ8500, I do however have an extra long HMDI cable, what length is your wire? It did disapear a few updates ago tho but now I get black screen issues.

0 Likes
paulordp
Journeyman III

I know it's an old post but, has your problem been solved? I had a similar issue and the single thing that solved it was turning off HDCP setting in the Radeon Software.

0 Likes

i have the same issue but after having the black flickers AMD Radeon crashes.. any solution for this?

0 Likes

I found out what was causing my flickers by accident. My original thought was that the card was overheating until I read 75c was normal but because all things are not the same I still tried to lower the temp.

So here is what I found out. If you are using adrenaline  that is your problem. It's job is to boost your card to perform. The problem is that it pushes it past it's capacity to work.

I read that optimal performance for the card  was around 90 fps. The problem is that based on what the game wants and what you can do are two different things.

Go to your AMD Software app and use Radeon Chill settings and set the upper limit to 90. You can probably go a little higher depending on your card, but mine was go to go at 90. As for the lower limit it doesn't matter what you set it for, since it will never operate at that level. I set mine to 30 BTW.

Do that and unless something else is wrong it'll stop flickering. Mine did and I'm a happy camper now.

Good Luck

0 Likes
HuyPham55
Journeyman III

Faced this problem today. Have a RX 580 Gigabyte Gaming OC. Not problem with hardware, but software instead. Fixed by turning 0-RPM off

0 Likes

i had the same card ,can you explain how exactly turn it off ? you mean fans supposed to work at all time ?

thank you !

0 Likes