Adrenalin 19.2.3 Netflix 4k Playready 3.0 support for Ryzen APU

Mobo: Biostar X370GT5-NF (hdmi 1.4)

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200g

GPU: none

GPU driver: 19.2.3

Receiver: Denon S730H

Display: Optoma UHD300x (4k projector)

Hi,
Would you please try the new drivers for Netflix 4k playback? I have a ryzen 3 2200g but my board doesn't have an hdmi 2.0 out, depending on your reply I might change the board with another HDMI 2.0 capable one.

While playing 4k content in Netflix if you press Ctrl + Shift + Alt + D you can see the resolution and color space.

In the worst case I will buy a gpu, which directly contradicts the use of 2200g as a htpc (shame)...

Note: I tried with mine but it displays 1920x1080 (hopefully due to my mobo). I have been waiting for the playready 3.0 support for Netflix (for ryzen APU)  for months...

Appreciate for the help.

3 Replies
Cornugon
Miniboss

Hi there. PlayReady 3.0 is still not supported on any Vega-based GPU or APU (that includes you CPU model, which has a Vega 8). 

I have a Vega 64, forever waiting be able to play Netflix in 4K with HDR...

Polaris (RX 400 and 500 series) are the only ones on AMD's side which have PlayReady 3.0 support (since last year's april)...

ooztuncer
Journeyman III

Very disappointing!

My rig consists of biostar x370gt5-nf mobo > ryzen 2200g > monoprice hdmi 2.0 cable > denon s730h > monoprice hdmi 2.0 cable > optoma uhd300x (4k) projector.

I installed trial version of jriver with adrenaline 19.3.1 gpu driver. I set the hdr off & 10 bit 4:2:0 color space under windows display settings and selected pass through metadata to projector under madvr (so that projector receives the hdr metadata and displays it correctly). Everything SD, HD, UHD, 4k, HDR etc. is working fine even though board has only hdmi 1.4a connection (probably just the certification issue), but the Netflix....

Please fix the issue AMD...

0 Likes

It really is very disappointing, since PlayReady 3.0 support was promised about a year ago for both Polaris and Vega.

I've actually been sidegrading from a GTX1080 to my current Vega 64 because I bought a new (FreeSync) monitor (that was before Nvidia's announcement to start supporting it, or I might not have).

Though I like the card, the lack of 4K/HDR in Netflix is a disappointment I also didn't expect beforehand...

Outlook voor Android downloaden<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

0 Likes