Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

hubertpichot
Journeyman III

AMD radeon pro W9100 6 outs

Hello,

I have an AMD radeon pro W9100 in a Sonnet EGFX650W on a MBP 2018 Mojave and i would like to have 6  x (1920x1080) outputs working.

I have 6 Startech minidp to hdmi active adaptors.

As my screens are far away i convert the HDMI to SDI with microconverter from Blackmagic.

When i add the 4th monitors i get blinking blue flash and color space problem.

How much active adaptor should i use....

Is there any document i could read to understand this system on clocking or at least any info on how to get 6 outs working clean with this card.

Thank you

Best regards 

Hubert

0 Likes
7 Replies
fsadough

Hi Hubert,

6x HD displays should be working just fine. I suggest you bypass the HDMI-SDI converter and connect the monitors directly to your WX9100 to test.

0 Likes

Hello fsadough,

I'm not able to connect them directly, I need to go thru converters.

Everything is ok as long as i'm under 4 outs and this with the same converters...

I tried off stage with 6 Barco 2301 RHDM (only SDI inputs) and I had the same problem, some blue flash and sometimes color space error like sendind uyvy instead of argb or something like that.

I'm going to play with 4 PTRZ12K and 2 PTDZ16K from Panasonic, I need to make it run smoothly.

So I'm looking forward about clock problems. How many active adaptor do I need to run these 6 outs...

Logically it would be only 4 but i'm not sure. Are there any informations out there?

Do you know a place where i could get some precise informations about the clock systems?

FWIW : we had another install with a WX7100 (same box same computer) and the 4 outs worked like a charm with passive DP to HDMI.

Thank you

Best regards

Hubert

0 Likes

WX7100 was running with HDMI-SDI converter?

0 Likes
hubertpichot
Journeyman III

Hello,

yes why is that "paranormal" :-?

0 Likes

No, just needed a clarification if WX7100 was running on the exact same setup as WX9100. Send me a screenshot from Radeon Pro Settings => System => Hardware

0 Likes

I'm on OSX.14.3 Mojave.

Where can i find radeon pro settings?

As i said in my first post, the card is in a sonnet EGFX650w box and i only have an icon telling me that the card is connected, no accessible parameters...

The box is connected via an usbC/TH3 cable.

I use the software Millumin to drive my show.

Each output of the card is connected via a Startech miniDP to HDMI active connector to a Blackmagic micro converter HDMI->SDI and then it goes directly to the input of the screens or to the input of the video projectors.

HTH

Thank you

Hubert

0 Likes

The box is connected via an usbC/TH3 cable???

You can contact Sonnet to clear the compatibility.

• Since Thunderbolt 3 devices use discrete Thunderbolt chips to function, they will not function if plugged into a USB-C port.