cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

hs_vereneg
Journeyman III

overheating of the video card and incorrect operation of the cooling system, what should i do?

Hello, I would like to clarify whether it is normal that my video card (RX580 Gigabyte 4GB) in games heats up to a temperature of 71-76 (C) degrees Celsius at 2450-2700 (RPM), while setting (mod) Chill from Radeon is enabled so that the video card consumes less power and therefore less heated, plus restrictions on maintaining the temperature of the video card in the region of 70 (C): WattMan-> Temperature-> Power Limit-> (-20%). If you remove the Chill mode and the temperature limiter, then the video card starts to make more noise and warm up. At the same time, in the reviews and forums, with the same graphics settings in games and identical configurations, this video card warmed up to 64-68 (C) degrees Celsius at 1400-1600 (RPM). In games, there are also noticeable friezes and twitches. The card works about 1.5 years. Why such high temperatures at high speed coolers? What should I do and how to eliminate it (what is the problem)?
0 Likes
1 Reply
entranced
Adept II

Those temps are not that high. Chill only caps the framerate and drops it when you don't move much in a game or the game has less movement scenes.

What case do you have? Can you monitor the temperatures with CPUID HWMonitor so we can see better the rest of the system temperatures?
Describe the rest of your hardware and what version of Windows and drivers are you using.

You can try to adjust Chill to your monitor framerate and see how it goes.

EDIT: Check this video Radeon™ Software: How-To Use Radeon™ Chill - YouTube 

0 Likes