Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

zizka
Journeyman III

Radeon RX 570 won't display

Hello everyone,

I've been trying to find a solution to this issue I have with my graphics card for hours now. Figured I'd try my luck here.

#1:

I recently got my Radeon RX 570 by mail. I had to buy a new power supply at 130$ to be able to plug it in but it's ok now. The card is in its slot and when I start my computer, the fans are turning so the card has power.

#2:

However, my screen is black when the graphics card is plugged in. There's a signal for sure but I can't see anything at all.

#3:

When I unplug my graphics card, then everything is back to normal, I can see what's going on on my screen. That is to say, when I use my integrated graphics card, I can see. If both are plugged at the same time, I only get a black screen.

#4:

According to my research, there's a conflict between my integrated graphics card and the RX 570. I therefore need to disable my integrated graphics card to no avail.

#5:

First I tried to disable it this way:

To no avail, that didn't work.

I also thought about uninstalling the HD Graphics 630 but I was concerned I wouldn't be able to see anything if I uninstall my integrated graphics card.

#6:

According to my research (and this thread here), it might be an issue with my BIOS. I've read about people being able to disable the integrated graphics card from the bios but I don't have that option. This is my original bios version:

So I updated my bios to:

... to no avail. It made no difference at all. I still don't have an option to disable my integrated graphics card from the bios.

#7:

So I thought maybe I could plug my HDMI cable directly in the graphics card instead of my integrated graphics slot...

...no difference. Still black screen.

#8:

I've tried disabling secure boot in the bios but it doesn't work either.

Conclusion: 

So I pretty much don't know what to do. I have this new graphics card I can't use and I'm still stuck with my integrated graphics card if I want to be able to see anything. I've already spent a lot more money than I had thought on this so I'd rather not send my computer to a technician.

Any help at all would be really appreciated. I actually don't mind making a small donation through paypal to anyone who can help me solve this.

0 Likes
3 Replies

did you change the video cable to the discrete card?

0 Likes
Dynosawre
Journeyman III

I'm having the exact same problem. I have an Inspiron 620. I got my card used from a friend as a gift, and I'm sure the card worked in his computer. I've updated BIOS, but to no avail. I can not install the drivers for the card, because I need to have the card in to install the drivers. But I can't but the card in because then I am unable to see the screen.

0 Likes

You might want to start a new thread on this.

Information Required When Posting a Discussion

Please:

• Search the forums for existing discussions which may contain a solution to your issue before creating a new discussion.
  • Use a title that accurately summarizes your issue. Do not use titles like “Help Me” or “Driver issue”.
  • Post your discussion in the appropriate board for a faster and more helpful response.

When creating a new discussion, please provide as much detail as possible describing your issue, including the steps to reproduce the issue.

Below is an example of the essential information to provide when posting a new discussion.

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card Make & Model
    • Radeon VII
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • If a laptop, Make and Model of the Laptop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit 1909 Build
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Software Adrenaline 20.10.1
  • Display Make and model and connection/adapter in use, resolution, and refresh rate.
    • Samsung UE32850R 3840x2160 @60Hz Active DP to HDMI adapter
    • One line for each display device connected
  • CPU/APU Make and model number
    • Ryzen 5 5600X
  • Motherboard Make & Model + Bios Revision
    • Asus X570 Prime Pro BIOS 2802
  • Power Supply Unit Make & Model + Wattage
    • Seasonic Focus 750W Platinum
  • System Memory Make & Model + Frequency
    • GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL14 2x8GB

Describe your issue:

• Provide a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing, and the steps required to reproduce the issue.
  • Details about applications/games affected (including version number)
  • Graphical settings used in the application/game (resolution and 3D settings)
  • If possible, include a screenshot or video link of the issue
0 Likes