cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

turbo5800
Adept II

19.2.3 Freesync not fixed as told i was!

Hey the "fixed issue" on latest "19.2.3" is not true at all...tryed uninstall clean 3 times but i can only play my games when Freesync is set to "off" Plz fix that

0 Likes
11 Replies
jdrobinson314
Challenger

Let us here in the community know what monitor, GPU and game titles you're working with.

And whether the display section of the radeon setting is showing freesync to be enabled or not before you launch games.

Also what happens when you try to launch game,

If you have individual profiles for the games...try purging those and rescaning for games. There might be some compatibility issues if you had really old profiles.

0 Likes

Monitor AOC 2460G5 gamer edition Freesync 75 hz (Have DIsplay port or HDMI)

GFX Sapphire radeon rx 480 NITRO+ oc  8BG 

Windows 10 Professional (x64) Version 1809 (build 17763.292) 

Samsung SSD 860 EVO 250GB with windows installed on.

Crimson Driver . This happens on 19.2.2 and 19.2.3 and done Clean install as always. version before 12.2.2 i think was 19.2.1 it did Freeze screen when tab from games/browser etc when using Display Port.

Display settings

When I have run 1920x1080 @ 75 hz freesync "on" vsr "off" "gpu scaling "off" "scaling panel "full panel" 

Gaming (all games is doing this "cs:go, F1 2018, Hearthstone, pubg, , overwatch etc) and it does it on freesync "on or amd optimized" 

When running game it starts up the game in fullscreen and then it makes wired click sound and then it keeps changing from the game window to "Input not supported" 4-5 times then 6-7 it keeps shoing "input not supported and i can only get that closed by alt+f4 or alt+del+del -> task manager and close game or when pressing "ctrl+enter" to change game window to "windowed" but i as soon i change it back to full it starts again .

When i change settings to "freesync off" in game tab i can open all games without any problems but then i miss freesync option ofc...

First issue, non existent monitor information from any country.

That monitor, aoc or even agon 2460g5 isn't listed as a freesync model. Check the sticker on the back of it and check the model - maybe the e2460sh - not a freesync model either.

0 Likes
turbo5800
Adept II

I am sorry !! I just copy a info from program but when i search monitor i can see that 2460g5 is not my model...it is actually this one here The worldwide leader in displays | AOC Europe  and this is Freesync gamer model.

Try setting desktop refresh rate to 60hz.

See if freesync is active or can be active when you run a game windowed. Try some resolution smaller than the desktop. 

0 Likes
turbo5800
Adept II

Tryed all resolutions and i want to run the games in highest hz as possible...i am a old pro player from cs 1.6 so i either have full optimized settings for best fps / gfx or i dont play. 

and it only happens in fullscreen @ any resolution and when change to windowed it stopping to do error or when i tab out does same...but i know u wanna help me so i can run games but it can in fullscreen but only with freesync deactivated and that is a Driver issue since in the Release Note it says 

Fixed Issues

• A loss of video may be intermittently experienced when launching a fullscreen player application with Radeon FreeSync enabled.

but it is not fixed .....so by writing here i hope AMD team does see this so they fixing this...

0 Likes

I understand, but freesync should run properly regardless of it being windowed or not. If you can get freesync working on a windowed game, then you aren't having that bug you just mentioned. It's some other, deeper, issue revolving around your monitor or its windows drivers. 

When I launch windowed games, they obey the freesync settings regardless of initial desktop refresh rate and will override the windows adapter options. In other words, the monitor adapts to the windowed game...often hitting the high side of radeon chill rather than the low side.

Another thing you can try is enabling radeon chill for one of your offending games, set the range according to your monitor (G2460VQ6), 35 - 75 fps. And enable it and see if you get over 60hz using your monitor's menu equivalent for 'info'. This will not have the desired effect of maximum frame rates, but neither does freesync in general, so I don't understand why you essentially want target frame rate control (fastest frames possible for the monitor ) and freesync at the same time.

It would make more sense to use tfrc @ 75fps, and enhanced sync and/or sync to vertical blank in game.

0 Likes

well this first happend when installed 19.2.2 and 19.2.3 so i dont think windows should be problem ...and in 19.2.2 i somehow got lucky sometimes so that my F1 2018 could run fullscreen with Freesync on . 

0 Likes

They won't take notice of it on this 'user to user' forum(maybe after a few hundred posts ?).

Use the report or email options(rules out bs posters).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

well i write direct to them also

turbo5800
Adept II

But to be honest i always loved AMD ...but since Crimson Driver was released there has been more failure on all version and does this continue then i started to think to change to nvidia..biggest failure was ati choice of removing monitor color settings. and now that settings in game tab does not save it self 100% . Frame rate target control keeps to change back to 144hz only in all game profiles, but not Global settings. and when pc crashed does not matter why the game tab profiles get set to default and i dont want . i have to change that then every time i just do hard pc shut down because i dont have time or 

0 Likes