AnsweredAssumed Answered

19.2.3 driver fails with Vega 3 with W10 LTSB 2016

Question asked by jagon on Mar 1, 2019
Latest reply on Mar 8, 2019 by anubisviech

Hi,

I have some serious issues since day 1 - last October - when I baught my laptop:

Acer Aspire 3 (A315-41-R5H9): Ryzen 2200U, 4GB DDR4 (at 2400), 1 TB HDD + 128 GB M.2 SSD.

Then, I freshly installed a legal Win10 LTSB which was available for me. Driver update was a horrible mess, the system said generic Microsoft videocard, applying a monitor through HDMI instantly crashed the system, not a singe benchmark or relevant game started. Driver update was not possible, I had to install a forced Catalyst Control, after that, some drivers could be istalled and freshed, but it not solved the problem, mirroring display still was not possible, games ran at disappointing frame rates.

Then a few days ago (2/26/2019) I installed the recent 19.2.3 driver, which resulted in major improvements: dual display, extreme performance gains in certain games (GTA IV), BUT!

Since then, Windows 10 instantly crashes immediately after I click shut down or restart, every time, with a buzz, with blank screen and with a gradually increasing fan speed...

The older drivers are not stable, the most recent one is not stable, now what to do?

Can it be that they not optimized the drivers for W10 LTSB (2016)?

Outcomes