Recently my system went crazy and I'm experiencing random crashes (simple black screen with no reaction at all or black screen with buzzing sound)
Haven't changed anything hardware wise in the system, it started randomly.
Crashes started at first only while gaming but nothing really stressing. After that system crashed even when i left the PC running overnight just with a movie going on.
Had initially Win 7, swapped to Win 10. (64 bit Pro)
Never did overclocking.
- Bios updated
- SSD was the boot drive, removed it and using HDD as boot
- Recabled the whole PC internally
- Dusted out the PC
- Thermal paste replaced on the CPU (max temp 70ish decreased to 60C max under heavy pressure)
- Tried multiple versions of graphic drivers
- Changed the memory modules slots
- Tried with only 1 memory module at a time
- Installed Afterburner and increased gpu fan speed
- Run multiple memory tests
- Run Prime95 test for over a night
- Checked windows event logs (nothing showing there)
- Multiple reinstalling on OS
System is just a bit under 3 years old.
The biggest improvement I achieved was when thermal paste was replaced on CPU and turned the GPU fan from auto to manual (50-70% fan speed in the 50C zone)
System was stable for over 2 weeks without any crashes and GPU nor CPU temp ever went above 60C even with heavy gaming on max settings with stable FPS.
Then it started again for a day, then suddenly was ok for next few days, then again crashes.