AnsweredAssumed Answered

MSI AMD Radeon Vega 56 Crossfire issues

Question asked by mrperforations on Feb 25, 2019
Latest reply on Mar 6, 2019 by pokester

Hello Forum,

I have recently installed a pair of MSI AMD Radeon Vega 56 air boost oc graphics cards to run in AMD Crossfire™ on the AMD™ Ryzen™ and MSI™ x370 platform with 16gb of high speed DDR4 memory running at 3200mhz.

I installing the two MSI AMD Radeon Vega 56 graphics cards, I installed the AMDAdrenaline software,

I then installed Steam game client and the epic title of Fallout 4 for pc.

I also installed MSI afterburner software to monitor and analyze the AMD Radeon Vega 56 gpu's doing the load.

I found that on the first attempt to run the application Fallout 4 that i was stunned to see the two cards worked in Tandem and I was pleased to see this happening though the use of MSI afterburner software monitoring.

the work load of fallout 4 was distributed across the two AMD Radeon Vega 56 gpu's at 1080p on ultra settings.

I then tried to run the application Fallout 4 again and found that only one AMD Radeon Vega 56 was working.

I have been unable to get the Game Fallout 4 to run correctly since at 1080p setting.

I tried the application AMD adrenaline reset settings and run some tests on everything I could and gained nothing performance wise from my efforts, a great deal of time has been put in to the AMD Radeon Vega 56 Crossfire™ for these results.further more, tests have shown that I can get the AMD Radeon™ Vega 56 Crossfire™ to work but does not seem to work at this time any more at 1080p while running the application Fallout™ 4.I have tried to enabled the AMD™ Crossfire™ fallout™ 4 profile, but this did not improve on the performance that the first attempt did receive.

I tried to run the application Fallout 4 on AMD Radeon Vega 56 Crossfire at a Virtual super resolution of 2160p.I found out it was capable to delivering a shocking 4000mhz on one of the AMD Radeon Vega 56 gpu's while playing Fallout 4 at 2160p and both AMD Radeon Vega 56 gpu's would strain to deliver the load at maximum performance. 

below is a list of settings you might like to try to attain the amazing thrill of AMD™ Crossfire™ on your system, please be aware that an EVGA™ 1000 G2 psu like mine is recommend.

1. Fist, install your AMD Radeon Vega 56's in to the two Pci-Express slots one and two.

2.install the AMD Adrenaline software package,

3.select the option in the driver for AMD Crossfire.

4. install and run the MSI Afterburner software and select the item you wish to monitor in game.

5.run the application Fallout 4.

6.Please enjoy one AMD Radeon Vega 56 running at 1150mhz while the other runs at 300mhz.

Please let me know if there is more step's you think I should take to enable AMD crossfire on the AMD Ryzen™ and MSI™ X370 platform with high speed DDR4 memory.

Thank you.

I'm Having a great day at AMD forum.

Best regards.

Mr Perforations

AMDforum.

where we do all the work for them!?

this information is brought to you by a Problem and they hope we cant use this new and exciting AMD product in the future.

Background drive stooling noise provided by Western Digital and brought to you by sATA.

imbedded sleeper forum post provided by MrPerforations.

Outcomes