Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

pvcdroid
Adept II

Zero RPM Feedback

Hmmm...

The new driver 19.2.3 has this fix listed:

Zero RPM will correctly disable in Radeon WattMan on available system configurations when manual fan curve is enabled.

When switching to "manual" Speed/Temperature, the new driver gives no option to turn ON Zero RPM mode and still no way to reduce the fan curve below 35%. AMD doesn't trust us anymore I guess.

5 Replies

0 Likes

I don't know. I pasted it and resized it using screen snip and it just doesn't show. 

0 Likes
linjuzhou
Adept II

Me too, WT~~~

5S@[N0O1]CFV%1OTLT~F0K5.png

0 Likes

zero core, zero rpm, lots of products are moving that way, my psu (corsair ax860i) is like that too

my psu fan hardly ever comes on as it is seriously overkill these days

0 Likes
jdrobinson314
Challenger

Got an Asus Vega 64 Strix OC 8GB, and the minimum fan speed I can set is 42% as of driver 19.2.3. This seems like the card's default "zero noise" profile. It looks like the only thing I have control over with the fans is the actual curve vs temperature at fan speeds above 42% - which is noisy from the get go. I think this has roots in AMD's Smart Fan bios features and probably isn't easily fixed without a bios update.

- I think I had better control over the fans with Asus GPU tweak II, or some such, but it's pretty awful to use along side the Driver software. To put it bluntly, it marries the worst control feature set with the best fan control. I would rather use the Radeon Driver - but I doubt that AMD will be adding support for those extra fan headers on the board I have, and I also doubt that Asus will be making a fan control solution outside that software I mentioned earlier.

0 Likes