cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

adaboi
Journeyman III

rx 580 amdkmdap stops responding during some games.

Hi

I'm trying to diagnose why my system sometimes crashes during some games like Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Civilization VI, Apex Legends and Rise of the Tomb Raider. It is random but usually happens 90% of the time within the first 5 minutes or it doesn't happen at all and I can play for hours without issue. System does not crash otherwise with standard use. It is a brand new system I built and I am leaning towards either a faulty video card or the Power Supply being overburdened as I got the minimum required PS (500W). Is there anyway to view the crash logs for amdkmdap either than the Windows Event viewer? Here is my system:

CPU: Intel i5 8400

GPU: Radeon RX 580 4GB

Motherboard: Z390-A Pro - latest BIOS

RAM: 16 GB

Power Supply: EVGA Bronze 500W

I have not done any overclocking or changed any options within Radeon settings. I have tried to run clean installs (DDU) of the latest AMD drivers both optional and standard (have used around 4 different official AMD drivers since January). I have not noticed any issues with GPU temperatures and the max I observed was around 65 C.

Windows event viewer error: Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Windows error after reboot: Default WattMan settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure.

Any help in diagnosing the issue would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
0 Replies