cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

shandyvali
Adept I

GPU shutting off during gameplay

So I jst bought an RX 590. Using my PC for regular things is no problem. But then, I load up a game and all of a sudden my screens go black like as if the monitors were turned on before the computer was. It can happen anywhere from loading up the game, to a few minutes of gameplay depending on how GPU intensive the game is. At first, I thought it was my VGA to HDMI adapter, so I switched that out for a TV that has HDMI, so no adapter and still a problem. It happens faster when I stream, so I thought maybe it was the obs I was using. I switched from Streamlabs to OBS, and instead of it going black, it completely froze up; I couldn't access the task manager or anything. I have to hold the power button to shut off my PC every time this happens, and then boot it back up. I've tried going into the Global Wattman and increasing the power limit percentage from zero to 50 (max), and when this shut off or freeze happens, it restores it. This is my SECOND GPU in a month because the last one was faulty (it was an RX 570 I believe); I'm not 100% sure how to optimize all the settings, but I have a feeling its more than that.

SPECS: Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X370-F Gaming CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1400 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 G3 RAM: T-Force Vulcan 16 GB DDR4 2400 GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 590

I've made sure all the drivers are up to date as much as I can, and still zilch. Please help!

0 Likes
0 Replies