AnsweredAssumed Answered

RX 580 second monitor disconnects and reconnects when asleep

Question asked by ohemetophobia on Feb 21, 2019
Latest reply on Mar 18, 2019 by ohemetophobia

I just purchased a XFX RX 580 Black Edition, upgraded from a 1060 3gb, and since installation I have this issue where if I put my computer to sleep or it goes idle the secondary monitor will disconnect as if I had pulled the DVI connection. You can hear the Windows sound for when you plug/unplug something over and over again. Then once I wake the computer and login, certain things will well have shifted to the main monitor, like the sticky notes and any window that I might have left open before leaving my computer.

- I used DDU when I removed the Nvidia card

- I used DDU again to remove the radeon drivers and reinstalled

- There was an extra cable connected to the secondary when I first installed the card, so I removed it. 

- I tried this wonky DVI-HDMI cable with HDMI connected to the monitor and DVI to the card, that just caused the secondary monitor to have a weird aspect ratio which was fixed by changing the pixel format settings, but changing those settings caused the fans on the card to go full blast for a second and then go off again when booting or restarting.

- The only thing I haven't tried is a different DVI cable or a display port cable

How do I fix this?

Outcomes