AnsweredAssumed Answered

ryzen 1700x down clocking under high load

Question asked by xhartl on Feb 20, 2019
Latest reply on Feb 23, 2019 by misterj

Hello i bought a ryzen 1700x and got a nice shiny liquid cooler and put in on a ab350 gaming 3 from gigabyte motherboard, when i do anything intensive on it the clock speeds slowly lower from 3.47 all the way to 3, as soon as its over it goes back to normal, Ive reset bios and re-installed drivers and I don't know what else to do but reinstall windows at this point, its not a thermal issue, i watch the temps during bench marks and they stay at highest 81C but usually idle at 33C to 35C. I know the CPU and board are not defective because i had a previous windows instillation where this all worked fine, had to re install because of a update bricking the OS. The voltages lower along with the clock speeds, Ive tried to set the clock at 3.4 and turn off C state control but still nothing, turning off C state makes it idle at 3.42 but still down clock whenever it is put under any load, Ive also tried manually setting the voltage in bios but i cant give it a exact value, i just do +0, Ive tried to make my own power plan and set the min and max to 100 but same issue, why is this happening and how do i fix it?

Specs:

Ryzen 1700x

Gigabyte ab350 gaming 3

4 x 4gb 2400mhz Ram

GTX 980 ti (if this matters at all im not sure)

Cooler Master MasterLiquid LC120E

Outcomes