cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

maxi4444
Journeyman III

HD 7970 blue screen

After installing the Adrenalin Edition 19.1 driver, a blue screen appears. Operating system Windows 7 64 bit. How to fix this?

3 Replies

Other Users having similar issues with the latest AMD Drivers for the HD 7xxx and other HD model GPU cards.

Maybe pokester‌ who has some experience with this issue might be able to help you.

The big issue has been determining if it is Windows 10 Update or the driver. In this case it's easy. Windows 7 doesn't interfere with driver install.

It is likely the driver and they need to report it to AMD: Online Service Request | AMD 

I suggest that the customer's only recourse at the moment is to boot to safe mode and uninstall the driver. Download the last driver that worked for them if it is still not on their computer and then install that driver choosing clean install, if available. If not that's fine as the uninstall probably removed the previous installation properly.

Look for a future driver to say it has fixed this issue or follow one of the threads about it here to see if anyone mentions it being fixed if AMD does not say it is fixed. You can always try a future driver and revert.

Unless you are trying to add compatiblilty for a new game there is no real reason to even update the driver on Windows 7. They have not been introducing improvements for the HD 7 series for a long time. So the older drivers are likely just fine and don't need to be updated. Unless it's broken don't fix it. There is never any reason to update a driver, unless it says it does something you currently can't do or an OS update or upgrade requires it.

cesarin
Elite

please read my post to know everything I've tried with my 7970

https://community.amd.com/thread/236829