cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

ovidiuhiei
Journeyman III

GPU loses signal to monitor

So i upgraded to a rx 590, also bought a new 650w PSU and ive been playing modded skyrim but sometimes when the GPU reaches 54º the monitor will turn black and display no source signal, it looks like it freezes since i cant hear sounds or anything, when i turn the pc back on i get a msg from the AMD software saying "default radeon wattman settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure"

Not sure if it's GPU that is faulty or wtv it is, but ive been having trouble with the gpu and pc for a week now, i bought it last monday, i took it to a pc shop and it would lose signal when it was at 70º while benchmarking, then i went to the shop where i bought it and they benchmarked it for 4h and it didnt have problems, in fact they benchmarked it in fromt of me with 3 different programs and it didnt turn off, but degress wouldnt go over 52 either also i cant return it because apparently it has a scrap on the backplate which makes it so i cant get money back anymore or trade it..

Is this a GPU problem or what is it? :/

i have a i5 4460, rx 590, 8gb ram and the monitor is quite an old one hp2009v

0 Likes
1 Reply
travatan
Adept I

I am having the exact same issue with my Radeon 7. I haven't gotten any help in my thread either. 

0 Likes