AnsweredAssumed Answered

Win 10 instantly wakes from hibernation under AMD Balanced Power plan after updating chipset driver, why?

Question asked by jewelsp3 on Feb 12, 2019
Latest reply on Feb 13, 2019 by pokester

So I've got a three month old machine running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and I've just started getting this bug - I press the sleep or power button, both of which are set to make my machine hibernate, displays go off, fans ramp up for a second as usual when preparing to hibernate, then pc goes off for 0.8 of a second then boots up again, perfectly resuming where it was but not going off unless I do a proper shut down, event viewer just has wake source unknown.

I'm running a Ryzen 7 1800x on a Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming 3 motherboard, problem only started after updating to the 18.10.20.02 chipset driver, obviously the easy answer was just to switch back to Windows own balanced power plan which worked but I just can't understand why I had to. It's not that 'allow hybrid sleep' is disabled under the AMD plan and I don't know anything else I can check. Doesn't seem to matter if 'wake on whatever' or ERP are enabled or disabled.

Outcomes