cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

hunter-
Adept II

Why no support drivers for win 8.1 for Fury X?

cheers to community.I don t understand why AMD stopped support drivers for Fury X for win 8.1 pro?Latest driver for Fury X is 17.7.1 crimson and last date is from 4 july 2017.Why they offer drivers up to date for this card only for win 10?

OMG!!

0 Likes
7 Replies

Because Windows 8.1 has an extremely small user base (and is still a massive cluster), especially among people who buy graphics cards to game with. It's the same reason nVidia killed Windows 8.1 support with the RTX series. But really the Fury series hasn't had performance improvements in some time anyway, sadly, so you're not missing out on anything.

hunter-
Adept II

I know the fury card is not so performant anymore, I just wondering why they stopped support for 8.So from your statistic only 3.43% people stay on 8 ,and I am one of them.Even on win 7x64 there many many user,and for win 10 for that poor windows 63%??

Is not real,I don t believe my eyes :O

0 Likes

That was Steam's Hardware Survey, gives a decent cross section of "gamers", but let's use statcounter, which is more favorable to you, Windows 8.1 has 6.67% of the market worldwide, that's a very small amount of people, especially when you consider all the laptop and OEM desktops included in that figure. Windows 7 driver support will be terminated in January 2020 when its drop dead date is reached on the 14th, so there will only be Windows 10 and Linux drivers then.

hunter-
Adept II

I understand ,but for me is very very strange.According to statistic, many people prefer win 7 instead win 8 and is weird because win 8 is more stable than 7 and is newer,and support for win 7 is over in 2020,for win 8 is not over for good in 2020.I had win 8.1 installed on my system for more than 1 year without problem,crash etc.Win 10 for example in my eyes,is a mess when it comes to stability

Anyway im shocked because people prefer more win 7 than win 8.And i'm even more shocked,people prefers win 10 WOW.That OS is a disappointment to me and for many users of win 7 that's for sure.I think 53% according to statistics who use win 10 for sure they are only OLD people or only noobs.

For me, win10 is a BIG disappointment....and I will never understand why people prefer that OS.That OS is full of bUG's...

0 Likes

Well come three years from now, or sooner when you replace your CPU and/or GPU, you're going to have to become one of those "OLD people or noobs" if you want to continue using Windows.

0 Likes
hunter-
Adept II

Wrong,

until I go to win 10,I think I change again camp.I will go to green camp,because green camp still have support for win 8.1 driver for old generation of card like Fury x.Really I don t like green camp,but still they have win 8 driver for old generation of card like fury x( 2015).For example gtx 980ti ,still have driver for win 8 up to date and is from same generation like fury.For me win 10 is just a bloatware software.....

and over 3 years I'll go to another OS maybe Linux,for me win 10 OS is out of schema..

0 Likes

So what's going to happen when nVidia ceases driver support for Windows 8.1 for old generation cards, or when Microsoft decides to stop accepting driver submissions for Windows 8.1?

0 Likes