cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

josephshay
Journeyman III

What causes open programs to bounce between three monitors when first starting computer? It appears that the primary center monitor is being dropped for up to about 5 minutes while the open programs bounce between the other two monitors. At the same time

This problem lasts for up to about five minutes when first starting computer and after waking computer and monitors from sleep mode. I've used this configuration since 2010. It only started doing this for about the last six months.
ATI Radeon HD 5870 Graphics Card
Dell Studio XPS 435T/9000 Computer
Three Dell monitors, each different
Windows 10 Pro operating system

0 Likes
2 Replies

Nothing to do with AMD drivers, as there has been no new drivers for the product since Jan 2016.

Some older sys.specs may also have issues with newer W10 builds(2020 is rumored to be big change with older spec(i.e. locked out).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
josephshay
Journeyman III

Additionally, at the same time as the open apps are bouncing between the monitors, there is a beeping sound as if a USB device is being unplugged and plugged in. The center primary monitor also joins in with the open apps momentarily landing there. After the initial startup hiccups lasting between five and ten minutes, the system is stable until the next startup or wake up. I recently had the power supply replaced and was told that the graphics card gets very hot. Could this be a problem with the graphics card such as a flaky component?
Also, the Win 10 Pro OS is ver. 1809, build 17763.292

0 Likes