mjsmit

AMD ignores Mac users with rewards campaign

Discussion created by mjsmit on Feb 8, 2019
Latest reply on May 12, 2019 by mjsmit

In December 2018 I chose and purchase the ASUS XG Station Pro - external GPU in combination with the Sapphire Radeon RX 590 Nitro+ Special Edition Graphical card.

This purchase was valid for the Raise the Game Fully Loaded campaign of AMD where you may download 3 new games.

I found out the games cannot be run on the Mac platform and asked AMD support if they offer an alternative for Mac users. I received the reply:

“All of the games we offer and Windows PC games. We are not sure if Steam or Ubisoft have Mac Installers."

I considered that selling the voucher coupon on Ebay would then be an option for me, but it seems the AMD regards program is set up in a way that selling is not possible.

When I entered my voucher code on AMD rewards, the website responded that no eligible graphics card was identified in my system.

The site offered the option to download a graphical card identifier application which I then did. This is however a Windows application that will not run on my Mac.

I find it not reasonable from AMD to completely ignore the Mac community in their rewards programs.

Regards

Rewards Support”

Outcomes