cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

nirmans001
Adept I

When will be the Ryzen mobile drivers going to available on amd website?

I am using ryzen 5 2500u processor notebook and want to know if there is any fixed date for the release of drivers from amd .

0 Likes
9 Replies

AMD addressed the issue of OEM not offering more frequent updates to their Ryzen Mobility processors/graphics. The idea is to get them to update more frequently. I have seen nothing to indicate AMD will start furnishing them, as each OEM customizes the drivers for specific laptops.

https://community.amd.com/thread/234035 

Recommendation:

AMD recommends using the graphics drivers provided by your notebook's manufacturer (OEM) as the manufacturer has customized the drivers to support the built-in display and the features and functions specific to the notebook. Customized graphics drivers are available for download from most notebook manufacturer's web site.

If the current operating system is not the version originally installed on the notebook it may not meet all requirements and compatible graphics drivers may not be available. Please refer to the notebook manufacturer for supported operating systems and drivers.

AMD Mobility Radeon™ Graphics Driver:

AMD provides generic reference drivers for AMD Mobility Radeon graphics with limited support for notebook specific features and functions.

You should have included that link in your post....

But, AMD says in that article:

Looks like AMD has realized that things should be streamlined and has now announced that, starting Q1 2019, APU owners will be getting driver releases in the same cadence as regular AMD GPU owners directly via Radeon Software.

I wanted to know any specific date for driver release :-|

0 Likes

amdmatt‌  do you know a start date on this or just that it's before the end of the quarter with a rollout date yet to be seen?

0 Likes
ualazin
Journeyman III

Don't hold your breath waiting. I doubt we will ever see support. My experience with AMD is they just don't care.....

0 Likes

There facebook page is telling that they are going to release the drivers later this month

Yay, an nvidibot has returned.  

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
bculbz
Journeyman III

Drivers are now available on their website finally!!!