Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

raulf
Journeyman III

Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.1.1 on AMD A12-9720P Radeon R7

Good afternoon,

I am planning on purchasing Resident Evil 2 for my notebook (the demo runs well enough, so I'll buy it). I heard the latest software version (Adrenalin 19.1.1) is optimized for this game, so I think it's best to upgrade to get the most out of RE2. 
My specs:

LENOVO 320-15ABR

AMD A12-9720P Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C + 8G, 2.70 GHz

RAM: 8GB

Windows 10, 64 bits

So, I take it that my device belongs to the APU line and between the 9700P and 9730P driver options, should I choose the 9730P even though mine is 9720P? To sum up, could you verifify if the driver present in this link is adequate in my situation? Thanks.

7th Gen A12-9730P APU Drivers & Support | AMD 

0 Likes
3 Replies

Neither...get the graphics driver from Lenovo

AMD VGA Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Notebook - US 

Recommendation:

AMD recommends using the graphics drivers provided by your notebook's manufacturer (OEM)as the manufacturer has customized the drivers to support the built-in display and the features and functions specific to the notebook. Customized graphics drivers are available for download from most notebook manufacturer's web site.

If the current operating system is not the version originally installed on the notebook it may not meet all requirements and compatible graphics drivers may not be available. Please refer to the notebook manufacturer for supported operating systems and drivers.

AMD Mobility Radeon™ Graphics Driver:

AMD provides generic reference drivers for AMD Mobility Radeon graphics with limited support for notebook specific features and functions.

https://community.amd.com/thread/234731 

0 Likes

Humm, I'll have to compare that version with the one present in the Device Manager, because I think I already have that update. I knew about giving preference to manufacturer drivers, but the Radeon Software could be an exception: I was thinking that Lenovo would provide general small updates while specific things like Radeon Software updates would have to be obtained here in AMD's site. So I should wait for a Lenovo update featuring Radeon's latest version?

0 Likes

You can wait...but laptop manufacturers are notorious for dropping graphics updates after 1-2 are supplied. Unless they offer any more...you are out of luck. Especially if the original OS was not Win10.

That laptop is probably performing as it was intended (they have received no complaints) and Lenovo sees no reason to spend more time on it.

0 Likes