northnine

Trying to connect a Vega 64 to a DVI Monitor

Discussion created by northnine on Jan 26, 2019
Latest reply on Apr 1, 2019 by hardcoregames™

Hi. I just bought a Radeon RX Vega 64 "Red Devil" by Power Color. I Installed it inmy System and connecting my TV to it via HDMI works fine. But I need to Connect it to my Wacom Cinitq 22HD Tablet, wich only has a DVI input. I thought that wasn't going to be a problem,sine I've tried to connect it through a DVI to HDMI Adapter to my old Graphics Card (Nvidia GTX 980) and that worked just fine. But when i connected it to the Vega 64 first I had problems getting anything displayed (but that's the fault of my Cintiq, very often it just won't detect the signal from my computer. It's usually a while of try and error, and a lot of restarting the computer aswell as the tablet until i get anything on my screen) But after a while I finally got my Cintiq to display something. But only in the Resolution of 1024 x 768 (at least I'm pretty sure it was that, it was very wrong anyway). The option to change the resolution was greyed out in the Windows options and I could not find a way to fix this. I've updated the drivers and done some research, but I couldn't really find anyone having problems with connecting DVI Monitors. Either nobody does that, or it just shouldn't be a problem... or maybe the problem is just the Cintiq? The only thing I found was, that my adapter (DVI to HDMI) could be some kind of passive adapter instead of active...

I hope someone can help me with this, because I don't realy have the option ($$$) to replace my Cintiq

Thanks, Erik

Specs:

OS   Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU   Intel Core i7 4790K 
RAM   16,0GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Motherboard   ASUS H97-PRO
Graphics   8176MB ATI Radeon RX Vega (C.P. Technology)

Outcomes