AnsweredAssumed Answered

Windows 10 BSOD when Shutting Down/Restarting after Adrenaline 2019 Edition 19.1.1

Question asked by leaf on Jan 25, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 31, 2019 by markwilliams

Before i updated my AMD Radeon, i can use my pc like i normally do, such as browsing, Editing, etc. ( i forgot about the version number, but the number started with 18.x.x ). I've heard that there is an update ( Adrenaline 2019 Edition 19.1.1 ) for the driver. I looked for the driver with my processor ( Ryzen 3 2200g ) and found there was an update.Then i downloaded the radeon software. After a couple of minute, it finished downloading, and need to restart in order to update it. After the restart, the AMD Radeon version changed to 19.1.1, and i was able to use the pc like normal, that is until i tried to shut down/restart it.

There were 2 things that happen when i tried to shutdown/restart it : 

1. My pc would freeze, making me can't use my keyboard and mouse, and after a while, is shows BSOD, and then automatically restart

2. My pc would just Show BSOD Immediately and then automatically restart.

I've even tried to Shutdown/Restart it on the lockscreen, but the same thing always happen like the 2 above

I've tried to look the problems on this Support forums, but i haven't found any issue regarding of this problem.

Of course you could always force your PC to shut down by pushing the power button for a few seconds, but i've heard that it is bad for your pc ( at least that is what i heard )

Does anyone have this same problem? If so, how can you fix this? Need help

PS I looked into my AMD Radeon and i've found that there was an update. I tried to update it, but it would just show this message. Don't know if this was related to this issue or not

my windows version : Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB

PPS I've found out that when i left my PC for while, it would restart automatically, where it was normally supposed to go to sleep. Another problem that i need to fix

Outcomes