AnsweredAssumed Answered

windows 10 freeze ( AMD drivers)

Question asked by oirelav93 on Jan 24, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 24, 2019 by elstaci

Hello!  First of all I apologize in advance for my English.

Few days ago my pc (a clevo notebook with both integrated and dedicated GPU) suddenly got stuck during a gaming session (about half hour with a pretty light game) and the only thing that I could do was shut it down through the power button.

After that, whenever I tried to reboot the pc, I always got a black screen after windows logo and, again, I could only switch it off through power button. 

Only safe mode seemed to work properly, and it was also impossible to restore Windows because it was keeping getting frozen during the process.

So I decided to clean reinstall Windows through a usb, deleting all disk partitions.

After that, Windows booted normally, but when it tried to automatically install my dedicated GPU driver (AMD hd 8970m ) it got stuck again with the same issue. 

I provided a new clean install, I didn't connect my pc to internet and I manually installed all drivers, including Intel integrated GPU, and everything worked properly, but when I tried to install my GPU drivers again, during the process my pc stopped responding.

I noticed that when this problem happen it seems like my HDD is not working anymore (when it is reading or writing something I have a blue light flashing on my notebook case)

I don't think that it is my GPU fault, because with the basic Microsoft driver all works pretty good and I already tested my HDD.

At the end I was able to install all drivers except my AMD GPU.

Ah I tried to install drivers in safe mode, but the AMD installation program said that it could not recognize my hardware.

I thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Outcomes