Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

cjinx79
Journeyman III

threadripper ram

Good morning,

I am running a threadripper 1920x on a Gigabyte Aorus x399 Gaming 7 motherboard.  The system is running on factory settings and is not overclocked.

The ram that I am running on this system is four, 16GB sticks of the following  -  G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Desktop Memory Model F4-3600C19D-32GVRB

I am curious as to what ram speed my system will support and how to achieve this speed?  Do I need to overclock?

Thank you in advance.

Chuck

0 Likes
3 Replies

First your RAM Memory for 3600 speed is NOT listed in Gigabytes Support Motherboard's QVL List: X399 AORUS Gaming 7 (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

According to your Motherboard's Specs you should be able to reach 3600 (OC) speeds with a Ryzen 1xxx CPU installed: X399 AORUS Gaming 7 (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

cjinx79, please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) and of Thaiphoon Burner.  Please search "Thaiphoon Burner" and DL the free version (read only).  It will show us what XMP profiles are available on your memory.  With 64 GB, it may well not make 3600 MHz but worth a try.  Make sure your memory is plugged into A2, B2, C2 and D2.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes
noodles59
Miniboss

OP, just enable XMP in the bios and select the 3600 profile - save/boot and see how it goes..

Run the Win10 included ram diagnostics for 2 laps - if no errors it looks promising.