AnsweredAssumed Answered

Ryzen 5 2600X faulty?

Question asked by samsei on Jan 18, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 23, 2019 by samsei

Hello all,

I have had this Ryzen 5 2600X for 8 months now, and it just stopped working. I have custom built my PC with a MSI x470 gaming plus motherboard, a GTX 1060 6GB Zotac GPU, a  SeaSonic 650W 80 Plus gold certified PSU, 2x4 GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series DDR4 RAM, a 250GB Crucial MX500 SSD and a 1TB WD Blue HDD.

Everything has been working great for those 8 months, until earlier today.. After I'm done using my PC, I shut it down, as I think any normal person does. Yesterday night was no exeption, I turn my computer off, and go to bed. This morning, I try click the power switch, the motherboard's LEDs turn on, the PSU fan is spinning, but the CPU didn't seem to have started. The CPU's fan wasn't spinning as it normally did, none of the USB ports were working and there was no display either. I decided to turn it off and on again to see if it was a fail start of some sort, but to no avail. I opened up my case, looked inside and saw that everything was connected just fine. I tried turning it off and back on again, same result. On my motherboard, there are some LEDs that indicate if there is a problem with one of the components, and the LED for the CPU was on for about 3 seconds and turned off.

I'd say I've taken proper care of my computer up until now, save from cleaning the fans every month, but there hasn't been any accumulation of dust in either of my fans. All my drivers seemed to be up to date, I had done an update on all drivers two weeks ago.

I've looked at the CPU myself, there wasn't any physical damage done to it, I cleaned the thermal paste to see if there was any indication of overheating, none were apparent, and I put some new paste on with the stock CPU fan that came along with the processor back on it.

I'm wondering, is my CPU really faulty? If so, do you think the waranty covers it?

Thanks in advance,

Sam

Outcomes