Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

sebbo1080
Journeyman III

Black screen with Freesync, no Problems without Freesync ASUS XG32VQ

System:

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX Vega 64

Desktop Windows 10 64bit

Adrenalin 2019 Edition 18.12.2 (also testet with Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.1.1 Optional)

Asus ROG Strix XG32VQ

MSI Z370 Krait Gaming with newest Bios 7B46v17

i5 8600k

be quiet Pure Power 11 700W

16 GB DDR4

As soon as i turn freesync on, and start any game, the screen goes black with no signal error. With freesync disabled, everything works fine, really frustrating. Tried 3 different displayport cables,  all certified, no difference. Same problem with driver 19.1.1.

7 Replies
pvcdroid
Adept II

I have intermittent blank screens that last a second or two. Drives me nuts but have had some success with Radeon>Display>Specs>Override and then adjusting the voltage swing and preemphasis. I have them at +1 each. I'm using a 32in 4K IPS monitor where it seems like a fairly common complaint. I haven't tried turning off freesync but if you look at the scant documentation for these adjustments, the blank screen problems is what they are for. Some use shorter DP cables too with success.

0 Likes
haproot
Adept I

I have the exact same issue on my Asus XG32VQ with a Vega 64 LC edition. 

Windows 10 x64 1803

Crosshair Hero Vii (Wifi Version)

Any 2019 edition driver has this issue

Ryzen 1800x

750w Seasonic Power Supply

It always worked perfectly on older drivers.  And if I downgrade the driver I can still run Freesync fine.

0 Likes
haproot
Adept I

Also, so far with the 19.2.1 driver, it seems Quake Champions and Far Cry 5 are working normally.  My current issues are with Doom, Wolfenstein II, and Vermintide II. 

0 Likes
mattukr
Adept I

Did anyone figure this issue out!? Same monitor, same issues. Black screens on load with any 2019 Adrenalin driver.

RMA'd my GPU, and same issue thinking it was that. Even got rid of my AMD card and blamed FreeSync / AMD Drivers. But it seems it's a problem with this monitor even with NVIDIA cards, I enabled "G-Sync Compatible" and I'm back with the exact same issues, so it's something on the monitor, not just AMD Software.

haproot
Adept I

I just loaded the 19.2.3 driver and it seems the issue is resolved for me. 

Asus xg32vq Freesync

Doom                      - Works

Woflenstein II TNC  - Works

Vermintide II           - Works

Deus Ex Mankind Divided - Works

Quake Champions - Works

So far so good everything seems good.  I'll report back if I find anything that doesn't work.

0 Likes

I'm SO HAPPY to confirm it's all working for me too now on this latest driver.

I cannot understand what could have possibly caused the issues, but yeah, just incredibly happy it's all resolved for now!

I wonder if AMD recognized a fault and fixed it under the radar since it seemed to be such a small issue? Just curious.

Will also report back if any future problems, but fingers crossed

I am also super happy about this.  I was worried my monitor would be left by the wayside for support.  I also was submitting bug reports directly to AMD through their reporting page. It is mentioned in the driver notes.

But I didn't have my hopes up as they said it had been fixed before as well. 

• A loss of video may be intermittently experienced when launching a fullscreen player application with Radeon FreeSync enabled.
0 Likes