cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

hotshot24700
Journeyman III

Game Crashing after updating to Driver Version 19.1.1

Hi, first time posting here so if I leave out any details please let me know and I will try to respond as soon as I can.

I hadn't played a game that requires a lot of power on my PC for a long time so I decided to start up Rainbow Six Siege. When I got into the game there was a message at the top that said the game doesn't support the driver I was using at the time so I ran through the usual AMD driver setup. Except this time when I opened the settings it didn't say I had any updates so I had to manually install the auto-detect program and it installed the new driver.

The problem starts whenever I get into a game of Rainbow Six Siege, it can be 30 seconds into the game or 2 minutes into the game and the screen will freeze, i'll get kicked to the desktop, then a windows error at the bottom right pops up saying "Default Radeon WattMan settings have been restored due to unexpected system failure".

crash.png

Also when typing this post I went to open AMD Settings and it just opens a blurry screen in the middle of my desktop. Hasn't happened to me on this driver version until now.

AMD Settings.PNG

Is there any fix for this problem due to this driver version or has anyone had a similar problem with this driver update?

Thanks.

• AMD Graphics Card
    • AMD RX480
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Desktop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Software Adrenaline 2019 19.1.1
  • Display Devices
    • ViewSonic XG2401; Displayport
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision