cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

vbios flashing in safe mode

I have an old ATI flash tool but I was wondering if there is a more recent tool for installing new ROMs on video cards from AMD?

0 Likes
8 Replies

TechPowerUp website has the latest ATI version from June 18, 2019. : Download AMD/ATI ATIFlash | TechPowerUp

The only other AMD vBIOS Flash program that I am aware of is ATIWINFLASH from here: ATIWinflash 2.77 AMD VBIOS Tool for Windows | Asylab | Home

0 Likes

I was pondering installing the retail OEM ROM on my RX 470 card

card does not like recent drivers and only works in safe mode

0 Likes

In Safe mode the display driver  is not loaded instead MS Basic Display driver is used. So what you are saying you are not getting any video output from your RX 470 in normal Windows Desktop?

What vBIOS version does your RX 470 have now?  What is the Make & Model of the RX 470 and which OEM vBios are you planning to replace it with?

Your RX 470 doesn't have the original vBIOS from the company that manufactured it?

0 Likes

AFAIK the card has the original BIOS but drivers all end up with the screen blanked, suggesting the card is switching to some other output

I am using the DVI-D which is all that I have available

Sapphire RX 470 Nitro, card clocks do not match the OEM specs

0 Likes

Did you purchase this card used?

If you did it is possible that the original owner may have flashed the vBIOS from the original. I guess you can always compare GPU-Z with the manufacturer's site specs for your GPU card. As you well know some tend to overclock their GPU cards from the reference GPU cards.

According to Sapphire your card has two HDMI and two DP outputs besides DVI.  Could it be possible that the DVI output is bad on the card whereas the HDMI or DP may have video output? Just verifying that you have the GPU Power connector connected from the PSU to the GPU card.

Nice card by the way.

0 Likes

bought it from NewEgg, new card, seems that the card is targetting for digital coins

card has one 8-pin and its powered, 850W PSU has lots of cable for video cards

0 Likes

If the card was made for mining then it might be a good idea to reflash the vBIOS to a standard vBIOS.  Are you going to use one of the vBIOS from Techpowerup or are you going to Sapphire Support to get their vBIOS?

Just wondering, if you reflash the vBIOS would that nullify your Warranty on the GPU card?

0 Likes

techpowerup has the ROM that looks like a it is the right one.

AFAIK with digital coin values down as much as 90% that more mining cards will be deeply discounted

so I expect to have to refurbish a lot of cards

I have opened a ticket with Sapphire as they made the card, so maybe they can help me?

0 Likes