AnsweredAssumed Answered

Terrible performance on new system : TR 1950X / RTX 2080 / X399 / 970 EVO / 64GB Corsair Vengeance

Question asked by naturalwarp on Jan 13, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 17, 2019 by misterj

So , I just build this 4.800 € machine ( it is my first AMD ) and it's been running for a week now ... and everything works ...
in short : AMD Threadripper 1950X / Aorus Geforce RTX 2080 / X399 Aorus Extreme / 3x Samsung 970 EVO M.2 / 64GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance ( 4 x 16 )

But what is troubling me , in some cases it is performing so bad even compared to my 3 year old intel system. ( i7 4790 , GTX 750 , 16 GB RAM )
That made me think i must be doing something terribly wrong !!

The worst performance i had was in the online app "poly" by google
this is a simple 3D object viewer and ran super smooth on my old pc but is now killing the performance to 2 to 4 fps with this new wanna-be "beast"

also i've noticed some other sluggishness before ( will add to this question in detail when it pops up again , don't remind the apps atm )
for example viewing 360° images in facebook stuttering alot !!

At this stage i didn't tweak or tune any OC apps yet except for some RGB colors and the CPU watercooling fan and pump speeds ( enermax liqtech 360 OC TR4 II )
since those 3 fans kept going up and down towards full speed and making alot of noise compared to the actual temperature fluctuation .

So , now i started benchmarking , and got at some point got only 524cb in Cinebench ( even after i enabled XMP in my bios )
highest score i got was a bit over 1900cb ( after setting the standard 3.7Ghz OC in Easytune / Smart Boost ) but even without benchmarking the CPU temp went above 80C° !!

I'm reading 4.00Ghz and higher OC is possible even with idle temps of +/- 60C°
and i saw benchmarks of 3000 cb and higher with the same machine specs without over clocking

So, i could really use some tips and would love to find a nice and stable setting for my machine ( i don't have any OC experience at all )
or to find out what it is i am doing wrong.

Outcomes