AnsweredAssumed Answered

Ryzen 5 2400g CPU Frequency Unstable while gaming

Question asked by viermisor on Jan 10, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 10, 2019 by misterj

Hello everyone and thanks in advance for your time.

My CPU won't stabilize the frequency no matter what I do and it's causing me FPS drops and performance issues in games. If I manually adjust the Minimum processor state and the Maximum processor state settings of ANY power plan including Ryzen Balanced the CPU will stabilize as following:

From 1 - 62% (Minimum processor state 1 - Maximum 62 or Minimum 62 and Maximum 62) the CPU will have a stable frequency of 1596.76 Mhz / Multiplier x16 / Bus Speed 99.80 Mhz

From 63 - 99% (Minimum processor state 63 - Maximum 99 or Minimum 99 and Maximum 99) the CPU will have a stable frequency of 2295.35 Mhz / Multiplier x23.0 / Bus speed 99.80 Mhz

If I set 100% as the Maximum Processor state (No matter which Minimum) CPU changes  Multiplier (Every second) from x25.5 , x25.67, x30.4, x30.6, x30.8 ,x31, x38 , x38.25, x38.5 randomly

The speeds were measured while Gaming with CPU - Z

I tried different versions of ALL drivers, I tried all the BIOS versions I found on ASUS Support, I cleared the CMOS, reinstalled the OS a couple of times, nothing helped. I contacted ASUS and they told me that they do not offer assistance for Overclocking even though I do not need Overclocking, all I want is a stable frequency. AMD Ryzen Master does not work for me, no matter which settings I try it asks for a reboot to Apply and after the reboot nothing changes. I am on the A320 Chipset which I know that it doesn't support overclocking but I've seen many people using ASUS Ai Suite to set a stable multiplier on A320 chipsets. No matter which version of Ai Suite I try I do not have the multiplier option. I am currently using the latest BIOS version (4207 AGESA 1006). Any ideas what can I do?

I would like to have a stable frequency within the CPU limits, at least a multiplier of x37.

These are the default CPU Settings in BIOS (Other than this I do not have any other CPU related settings)

--------------------------------------------------------------                                                                                         -----------------------------------------------------------------

Advanced CPU                                                                                                              Hardware

------------------------------------                                                                                                                   -----------------------------

• PSS Support - Enabled                                                                                                           Motherboard: ASUS PRIME A320M-R
  • NX Mode - Enabled                                                                                                                 CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2400g
  • SVM Mode - Disabled                                                                                                              GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 O6G
  • SMT Mode - Auto                                                                                                                     RAM: 1x8GB DDR4 Kingston 2400Mhz
  • Core Leveling Mode - Auto                                                                                                      SSD: Kingston A400

-------------------------------------------------------------                                                                                           HDD: Seagate Barracuda

AMD CBS                                                                                                                        PSU: nJoy Titan 500W 80+

-------------------------------                                                                                                                        --------------------------------------------------------------------

• Core Performance Boost - Auto                                                                                               OS: Win 10 Pro x64 Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.195)
  • Memory Interleaving - Auto
  • IOMMU - Auto
  • Global C-State Control - Auto
  • Power Supply Idle Control - Auto

-------------------------------------------------------------

Outcomes