cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

walder91
Journeyman III

Windows 10 Movement and Sound Stuttering Issues with RX Vega 64 and AMD Adrenalin

Hello:

System:

Graphic Cards: Asus ROG Strix RX Vega 64 OC and EVGA GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0 beforeOperating System

Desktop System

Windows 10 Home 64 bit Build 1809

Drivers Used

AMD Radeon Adrenalin 17.7 - 18.12.2

Display: Samsung C27FG70

Motherboard:

Asus ROG Strix X470 Gaming F Bios 4207

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X

Power Supply: bequiet Straight Power 10 800W

RAM: G.SKill Flare X 16 GB (8x2) DDR4-3200 CL14

Issue:

After i get my RX Vega 64 i installed new Windows 10 and got since the automatic Windows 10 Driver installation Issues with Overall Stability and Stuttering at Mouse, Window Movement and Sound at the Windows 10 Desktop and Applications.

Then i changed the Card from the first PCI-E 3.0 x16 Slot to the Second it worked without issues.

Then i tested again the GTX 970 in the First Slot no Issues, then i put the RX Vega 64 to the first Slot without uninstall nvidia drivers, it worked without issues then i uninstalled the Nvidia Driver and the Issues are back.

I was watching my System worked fine with the Vega 64 on the first slot with nvidia driver and radeon driver or without any driver, all other possibiltys on the first slot led to my issues.

Can somebody help me, or does somebody know what is to do ?

0 Likes
2 Replies
dstmnd89x
Challenger

You'll want to do a clean uninstall of ALL graphics drivers and then load the AMD drivers with the Vega card again. Once you uninstall the drivers, reboot in safe mode and then run Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from Guru3d.com to completely purge the system of residual driver files.

0 Likes

I did this, but i can't install the drivers because of an error message for the atiadlxx.dll.

i will do a fresh install for windows 10

0 Likes