Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

spar344
Journeyman III

Certain games crash the driver?

• AMD Graphics Card
    • Asus HD 6770. (Graphic Card)
    • AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series. (What it displayed in system)
    • AMD Radeon HD 6770. (What the driver actually supports)
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Acer Aspire M3970
  • Operating System
    • Windows 7
  • Driver version installed
    • Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Beta
  • CPU/APU
    • Intel Core i5 2300
  • RAM
    • 12 GB DDR3

(Not the best a finding all the details sadly...but i hope this will do.)

Few years ago I got this computer supported with Asus HD 6770. It basically supports Radeon HD 6770 when i first run it everything was fine I got the updates from driver booster, tho it came out as "AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series" it didn't came with a driver program to modify my graphics very oddly but It runs game well whether its Overwatch, Fornite, Skyrim, Hearts of iron 4 and much more games. Alot of games they weren't a problem they ran without crashes even for a long time. but tho there are games that when you run them they work fine but tho after a while whenever something happens or triggers something ingame the game freezes, black screen and returns to normal with a message saying "Display Driver stop responding and has recovered" Alot simple like games as well like Worlds Adrift, Sudden Strike 4, Ylands, VrChat and Human:Fall flat triggers the error. But i did try harder games (Battlefield 5) that my card have a hard time to handle but never crash.

I figured there have to do something with my graphics driver itself I tried using both Catalyst Software Suite and Crimson Edition but results the same and I try finding updates but there always updated long time ago, so I'm sort of left clueless any ideas?

0 Likes
0 Replies