AnsweredAssumed Answered

Windows 10 crashes/freeze when turning/power on Extended LGTV !!

Question asked by toiletduck on Jan 5, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 6, 2019 by toiletduck

hello,

My computer is connected both to an monitor (DVP / (Optix G27C2) and to my LGTV (HDMI via hometheater).

Now and then ( not alway's) when i turn on my TV , the display from my monitor turns black for a brief moment and turns back on (best scenario) .

But now and then IT DOESN't turn back on and BOTH screens TV+MOnitor are black = WIN10 CRASH !!  i have to manually resset the computer !!

I have done many things to work arround it (change settings, cables from both monitor/receiver & tv), nothing helps it keeps randomly crashing my desktop !!

The only thing left is  rolling back drivers (one by one) to narrow down the possibilities, which iam about to do soon !!

Now, bassically change cables and settings from my receiver like passthrough or turning of HDCP protocols and what not DID NOT HELP either !!!

But iam conviced cables and or settings isnt the issue, it all happend since i upgraded from win7 to win10 !!

Have worked years with the very same setup hardware&software and this never happend before i did the upgrade to win10 !

This is getting nurve wrecking!!  Since, it does that randomly and alway's when my computers is doing important tasks !!!

My system is:

MOBO: Sabretooth FX990 R2.0

CPU: FX-8350BE@4,7Ghz

Cooling: NZXT x52

GPU: RX580 8GB

SSD: Samsung EVO 850 250GB

RAM: 16GB PC3-12800 Quad Channel

Thanks in Advance

mick

Outcomes