cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

equis
Journeyman III

Technical question concerning the Radeon Ryzen 5 2500 U processor and MP3 music playback problems

Well now I have a highly technical question that you may or may not be able to answer for me. If you can, its probably because others may have experienced this. For the last 2-3 years, I have been running 2 licensed versions of 2.51.6 on 2 identical 3 year old HP laptops, one is a backup, just in case. They were Intel Celeron 2.16 GHZ with 4 gigs ram and a Windows 10 64 bit OS. In November I decided to upgrade and purchased a pair of HP Windows 10 64 bit, 8 gigs ram and Radeon Ryzen 5 2500 U processors. These were $600 laptops on sale and had great feedback from IT people who had purchased them. So everything is updated and running well and better than before. On New Year's Eve I was playing some background music, just with a player, not Compuhost and in one song, I got an interruption of about 2-3 seconds, mid song, that had a funny blurb or buzz sound to it and then it corrected and went on just fine. So I figured it was a bad MP3. OK, last night we were doing karaoke and it happened during 2 singer's songs about 2 hours apart. So at the end of the night I do a test and replayed the same song and it plays perfectly. So any ideas on what may be going on here? Appreciate your help as always and am also researching HP and Radeon online to see if I can find someone with similar issues.  Please advise if anything can be done

Thank You Kindly,

Bruce

0 Likes
1 Reply
equis
Journeyman III

I have talked with an HP tech support person, who was unable to help, so last night i asked a buddy whom is a professional sound man and he gave me this..........

"Sounds like a buffer issue to me. Meaning you newer processors are not communicating efficiently with the hard drive or SSD that the music is stored on. Not sure what application you're running but we often see this with new generation processors.

it may also be a matter of tweaking cache parameters and buffer/latency settings, again depending on which application you're using".

I sent him a sound clip of exactly what is happening and can send it here too if someone can help with this issue.  Music involved is directly on the C drive of the computer. Thanks Again,

Bruce

0 Likes