AnsweredAssumed Answered

Radeon Wattman has been restored to default settings due to unexpected system failure -XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Question asked by vorenus81 on Jan 4, 2019
Latest reply on Feb 24, 2019 by lucianomcba

Hi,

I have just installed fresh new RX 590 Fatboy in my PC...and I'm very dissapointed so far. Games are constantly freezing and crashing few minuts after lounch.

I have succesfully passed 3D Mark, PC Mark, SiSoftware Sandra and everything was ok, but when lounching games like GTA V, IL-2 Sturmovik BoS, all freeze and than crash.

I have excluded problems with power supply, CPU cooling (avg. temp. doesn't go above 50C). I have newest drivers installed: 18.12.2. I'm using HDMI connection. I have switched GPU between PCI slots, I have tried to change settings in Wattman (dynamic frequency, power usage limit +50%) but neither of these works. I'm running out od ideas and seriously thinking of throwing this card away and get back to my old RX380 which has been working without problem for 3 years. After reboot I usually get a message that "Radeon Wattman has been restored to default settings due to unexpected system failure".

Is here anyone facing the same issue and have any idea on how to fix this ?

My Specs:

AMD FX8320 Eight Core

M5A970 EVO R2.0 Motherboard

Radeon RX590 Fatboy

16 GB DDR3 RAM

Windows 10 64

Corsair 650W Bronze+ PSU

Outcomes