Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

mercomaybach
Journeyman III

Sizzling on my sapphire rx 590

hello ,

Sizzling on my rx 590 for 1 day while I have it for 2 months.
I hear them in play, even when I do not play, I turn the fans to see and there, I heard it. when the fans do not turn I heard it coming closer but was very weak.

0 Likes
3 Replies

Contact Sapphire support, explain it to them as they handle possible repair/replacement of product fault.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
grimbloodwolf
Adept III

Sapphire uses lubed silicone thermal pads between the memory and the heatsink..... sometimes the lube leaks out of those thermal pads, and gets on other components of the card.... the sizzling sound you hear could possibly be that lube which leaked onto a hot component, it could also possibly be leftover flux that wasn't cleaned off the board and is near a hot component...... and last, but in my opinion least likely, the heat pipes on your GPU heatsink could have gotten damaged and started leaking their fluid...... I'd say this probably isn't what's wrong, this hardly ever happens.
The card is still under warranty, I would definitely contact Sapphire and make them take care of this for you.

I found where the noises came from, because they come from the right fans of the graphics card, but right now I've heard a lot less ducoup noises I think that's a good thing.

0 Likes