cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

vulpine05
Adept II

Ryzen 3 2200G - GPU clock speed "spike"

I have noticed that HWinfo is logging a "spike" in my GPU clock speed for the GPU part of my Ryzen 3 2200G.  It has happened several times, but this last time it appears to have happened when I woke up my computer.  It wasn't in a sleep or suspended state, just the monitor turned off for sitting idle for some time.  Whether that is when the spike has always occurred, I don't know.  The spike reaches 1600 MHz.  I also have changed my BIOS to limit the GPU clock speed to 1100 MHz, and this occurrence is still happening.

I don't think it is a big deal; I think it occurs for a fraction of a second, but still, the clock should be limited to that speed.

System setup (as before):

Ryzen 3 2200G, clock speed set to 3.5 (no boost)

ASRock B450 Pro4

G.Skill Flare X 16 GB 3200 RAM (set to 3200 speed)

Windows 10

Radeon drivers are 18.12.2

Any ideas?

0 Likes
3 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

vulpine05, please install Ryzen Master and trust only it for CPU measurements.  All others are suspect!  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

I wouldn't mind using Ryzen Master, but the GPU spike occurs infrequently.  It doesn't appear that the GPU clock speed is able to be monitored by the histogram, only CPU clock speed and temperature.  Is there a way to record the GPU clock speed through Ryzen Master?

0 Likes

Not that I know, vulpine05.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes