cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

xagyg
Adept I

HP Z600 with RX 470 - freezing screen in Windows 10

I just got an HP Z600 and installed an RX 470 card (with drivers). I have the latest BIOS (Mar 2018). Windows 10 is installed. When at BIOS screen (sitting on it for a while) or DOS (e.g. running memtest86 memory check) everything works fine, but when Windows is running the screen freezes. It can freeze anywhere from right at the start of loading to a few minutes later (when using Windows). Does anyone know what may be causing this?

Memory tested ok. Since it doesn't freeze at BIOS or memory testing, hardware is probably ok.

CPU X5647

OS Windows 10

Graphics Card AMD Radeon Rx 470

RAM 8GB

HDD 2 x 500GB

AMD Drivers for RX470 loaded

(All other AMD software removed)

0 Likes
1 Solution
xagyg
Adept I

Retried it again today and everything worked fine. No idea why I tried dozens of times the other day and didn't work. I suspect it may have been a loose fitting HDMI cable (I got one that fit better - lower ridge around the connector).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
xagyg
Adept I

Retried it again today and everything worked fine. No idea why I tried dozens of times the other day and didn't work. I suspect it may have been a loose fitting HDMI cable (I got one that fit better - lower ridge around the connector).

0 Likes
xagyg
Adept I

Finally worked out what it was. The problem was a PCI TP-LINK wireless network card. I replaced it with a PCI-e TP-LINK network card and all good. 

0 Likes