cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

trihard
Newcomer

Ryzen 7 1800X Missing CPU Pin

My Ryzen 7 1800X CPU arrived like two weeks ago and barely got around to putting it together now because I had to order a AM4 MB as well.
Today I began installing the parts and installed a AM4 MB and the Ryzen 7 CPU. I fit the CPU into the socket and it fit fine, no struggle or resistance at all with it. I put the heatsink on and connected everything and then tried to boot. Nothing. Not even to post. I checked the lights on my motherboard and it indicated an issue with the CPU. I took off the heatsink and CPU, looked at it, all the pins were there. I refitted everything and tried again, same issue. I took everything apart again, looked at the CPU and on the top left corner there was a missing CPU pin. I looked in on my motherboards socket and didn't see the pin. I'm assuming the reason why it's not working is because of this broken pin, and not because of a dead motherboard.
So, is there any way to fix a missing/broken pin? If so how?
Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
2 Replies
7thsanctum
Adept I

I don't know of any recommended ways to fix a missing pin like that but its highly likely it is your culprit. Are you sure it wasn't missing when it arrived? I'd personally recommend going back to your retailer and trying to ask for a replacement first instead of trying to repair at this stage.

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

trihard, my suggestion is to try to RMA your processor first with your seller then with AMD.  Good luck and enjoy, John.

0 Likes