1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 15, 2019 2:44 PM by grimik

Monitor (graphics tablet) not working with AMD Radeon drivers installed

grimik

Hello, this is my first post, I have problem with a graphics tablet, I'm an illustrator and digital animator, I got a Huion Kamvas pro 12, when I connect it to my PC, it shows a screen with gray noise (like old tv without signal). The problem is with the AMD Driver, because when I uninstall it it works without problems, and the moment I reinstall the graphics drivers it fails again. It works correctly if I start in safe mode.

PC specs:

Asus Prime a320m-k

Ryzen 3 2200G

12 gb of ram

Windows 10

Things I already tried:

1.- Cleanly uninstall and reinstall the graphics and tablet drivers. The tablet works while the amd drivers are not installed and fails when are installed.

2.- A clean Windows installation, and again the monitor works as long as the amd drivers are not installed and fails again when are installed.

3.- Already tested in another PC with Intel graphics and another one with Nvidia graphics and the monitor works properly even with the graphics Tablet drivers not installed.

4.- Installing all Windows updates.
      5.- Update BIOS

6.- Using safe mode, it works while staying on this mode, works every time as long the gpu drivers are not used.

My theory is that there is a problem in the refresh rate, when I use the monitor without amd drivers, in properties of the screen comes out that goes at 64 hz (no more options given), but when I install the driver, seeing from another minotor, comes it changes it to 59 hz (with 60, 59 and 50 as options but it won't let me change).

I have other HDMI monitors and they work fine.

Thank you for your help, I need it because it is my source of work.

giphy.gif