AnsweredAssumed Answered

No display signal in Windows at 144hz

Question asked by ryadasu on Dec 28, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 16, 2019 by waltc

So I've recently installed a new Sapphire RX 570 and was using a different Asus RX 570 before that (which broke, unrelated); please note that I did not have this issue with the Asus model nor with my old Nvidia graphics card I was using just a week ago so I have ruled out a bad cable or the monitor

When I switch my monitor (in the monitor's hardware settings via physical buttons mounted on it) from 60hz to 144hz, I do not get a display signal in Windows

I can see the BIOS menu and pre-boot information, but as soon as I get to the Windows login screen the display drops out and all I see is black.

When I switch my monitor back to 60hz I can once again see Windows... but I would really like to use my monitor at 144hz as that is why I bought it

Affected monitor is a Samsung C24FG73 connected via Display Port, with two additional monitors connected with HDMI and DVI (other monitors still have signal when the C24 drops out)

Hardware:

i5-4690k, Sapphire RX570 Pulse 4GB, AsRock Z97 Extreme 4, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO (boot drive), 1TB Samsung F3 (storage), Corsair HX850

Software:

Windows 10 Pro x64 1803, AMD Radeon 18.12.2

Outcomes