cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

arcanecast
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 2600X WatchDog_Timeout and Random System Lockups

I recently built a PC custom ordered and installed windows, got everything working, but after some random interval the system either completely freezes and requires a hard reset, or it blue screens and says: WatchDog_timeout.

I have tried switching ram sticks back and forth so it isn't ram, I know the graphics card works as I pulled it out of my last system.

Specs:

MSI B450 Tomahawk

8GB X 2 ram

Ryzen 5 2600X

Samsung EVO 500 GB SSD

PNY GTX 1050 Ti

EVGA Supernova 550 G3

0 Likes
2 Replies
waklywa
Journeyman III

Same problem bro, a month ago, i had my ryzen system working stable about 1.5 years. Now im getting randomfreezes while ideling(sometimes with 129 storahci/disk errors), if im lucky to open task manager at this moment, i can see that the ssd is at 100% load(samsung evo), only reset helps, but if i reset the computer after that error immediately it won't start, it will just stop with a black screen, so if i get freeze i need to turn my computer off for ~10 minutes. Ive tried almost everything:

reinstalling windows, disabling core parking in windows, changing "msi" atributes to 0, high performance mode, switching himp to dimp or ative,  deleting/reinstalling all drivers, updated bios and overclocked every parameter that ive read on forums could help, such as typical typical current idle, soc voltages, c6 state Etc.

But nothing helps.. i think its something with my motherboard or windows drivers i dont know, but the error occurs only on idle (watching video/browsing)

When i play games it never happens, but when i exit a game, it can just freeze after 2 mins

0 Likes

check sata cables, are you using the ones from the MB ?

I had lot's of random freezes and store ahci errors,...

Turns out the cables where faulty. Got free new cables from my reseller.

0 Likes