cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jontho
Journeyman III

Displayport not working in Windows with Radeon Drivers installed

Hello. I have a Sapphire Nitro+ RX Vega 64 with a simple LG Monitor 1080p 60Hz that has HDMI, DVI-D and VGA inputs. However, my card has only 2 DP and 2 HDMI, so using DP to DP is not an option, and, unfortunately, HDMI to HDMI seems rather blurry and low quality. Maybe it's the cable's fault, but that's not the problem here. After using the card for a week with a DP to DVI-D cable without problems, yesterday while playing my screen blacked out and the monitor switched to power saving mode which is triggered only when it detects that it is connected to a PC but the PC does not produce image output. I connected HDMI to HDMI and, strangely, I can see what I am playing. I rebooted and nothing changed. After booting into safe mode DP to DVI worked. So I uninstalled the drivers with DDU and when I booted normally into Windows DP to DVI worked again. That was until Windows Update installed Radeon Drivers. After this happened, I again had no signal to my monitor. I have tried EVERYTHING I have found on the internet, without success. I have installed older drivers, I have unplugged the power from the monitor for hours, the same for the PC, I have reset my BIOS, I have reseated my RAM modules. Everything. Please, help me.

0 Likes
0 Replies