cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeXL

fancyix
Adept I

Work with Vega and RX 580 on one machine?

I have been using CodeXL on Linux with Vega 56 card. It works well. Now I installed RX 580 on my machine. I reinstalled amdgpu-pro driver of both pal and legacy versions. Now I can run opencl program by specifying which gpu platform to use (0 for vega and 1 for 580). However, CodeXL seems only expects the program run on 580. If I tell the program to run on 580 card, it works fine. If I run the program on Vega through CodeXL, it fails to run.

0 Likes
2 Replies
dipak
Big Boss

As listed in the latest CodeXL 2.6 release note (find the attachment), I can see couple of known issues that could be the reason for not working on Vega.

• "On Linux machines that have gfx900 (Vega) or gfx804 (Lexa) GPUs installed, OpenCL compilation fails."
  • "On Linux machines, the OpenCL compilation does not support Vega (gfx9xx) devices."

For more information, please report your issue here: Issues · GPUOpen-Tools/CodeXL · GitHub 

Thanks.

0 Likes
dipak
Big Boss

Another point to note. By default, CodeXL 2.6  uses Radeon Compute Profiler (RCP) 5.5. Now RCP 5.6 is available which fixed several issues with profiling on Linux systems with the amdgpu-pro driver installed if both "PAL" and "legacy" OpenCL support was installed by the driver (GitHub - GPUOpen-Tools/RCP: The Radeon Compute Profiler (RCP) is a performance analysis tool that ga... ).

I'm not sure if updating the RCP may help in this case. Anyway, I would suggest you to report your issue here: Issues · GPUOpen-Tools/CodeXL · GitHub

Thanks.

0 Likes