cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

mistrjirka
Journeyman III

Doom runs extremly slow on RX560

Hi I have RX560 2GB and AMD fx 8300. When I try to run Doom (2016) on medium settings, gpu is maxed out and cpu is at 80%, but game runs at 20-40FPS. I tried window mode and same result. GPU and CPU are not overheating. Version of driver: 18.12. I cant update it, because when I try to do it I get error 1603. Any suggestions? I looked at a benchmarks and it should run at 60 on high.

0 Likes
4 Replies

The RX 560 is probably the bottleneck as it is not the most powerful card out there. Try 1280x720 and see if the game works better.

0 Likes

No it isn't, here is benchmark for same system as I have. https://www.gpucheck.com/gpu/amd-radeon-rx-560/amd-fx-8300-eight-core/medium  Doom should run at 70-80FPS with this system. Resolution doesn't matter, performance does not change.

0 Likes

I a presently using a GTX 750 which competes with a R7 260X or something like that

The RX 560 is slightly better so I wonder if you setup is mangled. I use clean install frequently when performance suffers

0 Likes

Make sure your rendering Engine in Doom is VULKAN. Makes a huge improvement in this game.

if you are getting errors updating the driver.

Download the driver from AMD, don't use the update feature in Radeon Settings

Download DDU, wagnardsoft_com, run it from SAFE MODE, follow the included instructions

Disable INTERNET!

Reboot with Internet off, and install the driver with clean install option.

Restart with Internet back on.

0 Likes