cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

celebelly
Journeyman III

Anti-aliasing not working on anything?

As a bit of background, a few days ago I'd a fuse blow out in my room, though my computer is plugged into a surge protector. I'm not 100% sure that this caused it, as I'd also updated to 18.12.2 the same day. After this, all edges in everything were jagged and clipped. In games, windowed or full, on my desktop, even on my lock screen. It's still doable, but definitely not ideal. In fact, my games began running exceptionally terrible after this, no matter how low I set my graphics. I tried many things, reinstalling my card, uninstalling, updating, messed around with numerous settings both in Windows 10 and Radeon, and the only thing that worked was resetting Windows 10 a bit to where it kept most my files. After that, my games ran fine, better than ever actually, but I'm still dealing with this annoying jaggedness.

My Specs:

Radeon Software Version - 18.12.3

Radeon Software Edition - Adrenalin 2019

Graphics Chipset - Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics

Memory Size - 8192 MB

Memory Type - GDDR5

Core Clock - 1338 MHz

Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)

System Memory - 16 GB

CPU Type - AMD A10-7800 Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
4 Replies

A power out may corrupt files, suggest you start with a https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

I suggest the 'step 5' option (if you don't want win10 1809, ask on their forum for a link to obtain older version).

Then a clean install of amd driver, would also be an idea to verify integrity of game files/launch apps.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Before doing what Goodplay suggested, I would suggest using SFC and DISM.

https://www.howtogeek.com/222532/how-to-repair-corrupted-windows-system-files-with-the-sfc-and-dism-...

After this situation I would also suggest using a line interactive UPS on your computer, their protection hardware is much more sophisticated than a surge protector. They've saved my computer twice. Once when I had a supply side failure in my PSU which caused it to attempt to draw everything it could from the wall, which tripped the over current protection which allowed me to safely disconnect everything and bring it outside so it could self destruct without causing any issues. The second was when my transformer exploded, and it tripped the over voltage protection. CyberPower is a good brand. Good price and feature set at the cost of battery run time, which is generally half of APC.

I appreciate it. I'll look into a UPS, though I tried both the SFC and DISM and neither had said they'd found anything wrong unfortunately.

0 Likes

Then I would suggest doing what Goodplay said, but use a second partition or drive, I have a feeling there could be hardware damage.

0 Likes