cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mightysquirrel
Journeyman III

Adrenalin 18.12.2 Bricked my R7 370

Extremely disappointed in tech support. Failed to understand the issue. Not sure what to do.

I hope the AMD team is really monitoring this forum and can help me more than tech support has to this point.

Original Text

To: [Redacted]

Sent: 17.12.18 02:37:02

Subject: 18.12.12 Adrenalin

Installed the new Adrenalin drivers. Have an ASUS STRIX R7 370 2GB card. After installation of drivers had many system crashes. Removed drivers. Still had system crashes. Reinstalled Windows. Still had system crashes. Removed video card and set to use A10-6800K iGPU. No more crashes. Conclusion: new drivers damaged my card. Long time AMD customer, very unhappy. Can I get some compensation towards a new graphics card?

Sent: Tue, December 18, 2018 1:41 AM

To: [Redacted]

Subject: RE: 18.12.12 Adrenalin

Dear [Redacted],

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[]} has been reviewed and updated. Response and Service Request History: Thank you for your Email: In order to properly debug this issue, I would require some additional details about your system configuration (Dxdiag) and also please let me know the following: To get the Dxdiag report, please follow the below steps: Click on "START" à Click "Run” àType in "dxdiag" and click "OK" à Click "Save all Information”. Kindly attach this to the email. Once I have more information about your system configuration, I will be able to provide troubleshooting steps and recommendations to resolve your issue. Thank you for contacting AMD. In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service request reference intact.

Best regards,

[Redacted]

AMD Global Customer Care

Original Text

To: [REDACTED]

Sent: 18.12.18 04:29:47

Subject: RE: 18.12.12 Adrenalin

[Redacted],

I already reinstalled Windows and removed the faulty card. The attached “DxDiag.txt” is for my A10-6800k Radeon HD 8670D iGPU which is not relevant to the issue with the R7 370 that failed. You can read my story here <https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/a5tv7x/adrenalin_2019/ebzaujq/?context=3>.

I plugged my ASUS STRIX R7 370 back into the board. As you can see in the attached images the BIOS logo and configuration screens have graphical artifacts which indicates damage to the card. I CANNOT boot into Windows with the R7 370 plugged in. I suspect Windows attempts to update the driver and crashes. I CAN boot Windows into Safe Mode with no drivers. Attached “DxDiag_R7-370_Safe_Mode_No_Adrenalin.txt” is the output from DxDiag for this case. Again, meaningless.

I removed the R7 370 and can now boot into Windows again with my iGPU.

What are next steps?

Regards,

[Redacted]

Dear [Redacted],

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[]} has been reviewed and updated.

Response and Service Request History:

Thank you for the Response:

I verified the DXdiag report you are using windows 10 64 bit operating and Radeon HD 8670D graphics card.

Please be informed that HD 8670D series APU has moved to legacy product because HD 8670D series APU have reached peak optimization and hence this APUs have been moved to legacy status.

The last available compatible drivers for your GPU that supports windows 10 is Catalyst Software Suite 15.7.1 that you can download from

https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a10-series-apu-for-desktops/a10-6800k-r...

Thank you for contacting AMD.

In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service request reference intact.

Best regards,

[Redacted]

AMD Global Customer Care

0 Likes
2 Replies
mightysquirrel
Journeyman III

After following up last night with AMD Global Customer Care I got no response. Any idea how to get a hold of AMD?

0 Likes

amd.com

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes