Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

japantuning
Adept I

AMDRSServ.exe APP ERROR how to fix?

this message appears when you start your computer:

AMDRSServ.exe - Application Error

The application can not be started correctly (0xc000007b). Click ok to close the application.

How do I solve it?

0 Likes
1 Solution

I was able to resolve the problem by deleting the AMDRSServ.exe that I found in the folder

C: \ Program Files \ AMD \ CNext \ CNext

the problem was when I started the computer and when I turned the relay on or off.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
iwalkwithedead
Challenger

I just started getting this today, I'm on latest beta drivers 18.12.3, going to go back to stable 18.12.2, see if that helps.

This is in another part of the forum>>> https://community.amd.com/message/2851108#comment-2851108

I was able to resolve the problem by deleting the AMDRSServ.exe that I found in the folder

C: \ Program Files \ AMD \ CNext \ CNext

the problem was when I started the computer and when I turned the relay on or off.

Thanks for the info, I will do that next time. I was having more issues come up so I just did a fresh format, that always fixes things. xD

0 Likes

Tried this fix now, but I imagine this will make the drive have some missing funcionalities? Personally I think my problems are multi GPU-related, having AMD and Nvidia drivers installed at the same time (RX 5700 XT + GTX 1650). Before I had a very old Nvidia 8400GS installed so there might be some old driver residues too. I had a bad experience with improper DDU usage recently and had to reinstall my system, even had to do a CMOS reset. I'm hesitant to use it now on both display drivers. (I assume I would have to do a restart in between? Which one do I uninstall first, which one do I reinstall first?)

I will see if your solution works for me. The issue pops up for me every few minutes when I play games on my secondary monitor using the nvidia card.

0 Likes

Try reinstalling the latest AMD Driver for your GPU card from here: AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops

Then follow this basic installation procedure to install the new AMD Driver:

install AMD driver:

1) Download the correct AMD Full Set of drivers from AMD Support. Make sure your Windows is fully updated via Windows Update. Windows Must be fully updated because the latest AMD Drivers requires all the latest "Optional" and "Recommended" updates to be installed.

2) Use Windows Uninstall to uninstall current AMD driver and software and disconnect the internet from your computer. Then use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from Wagnardsoft  Forum in Safe Mode. This will eliminate all traces of the AMD driver and software from your computer.

Delete C: \ AMD folder from the Root Directory. Reboot

3) Go to Device Manager and click "Display Adapter" and make sure you are on the MS Basic Display Adapter. If not, uninstall the AMD driver using Properties.

4) Try reinstalling the AMD FULL SET OF DRIVERS that you have downloaded manually. Make sure you disable the Internet to prevent Windows from installing a newer version. So configure windows to prevent it from updating drivers via windows update. So it has been mentioned to disable any anti-virus programs before installing AMD Drivers.

5) If the new AMD drivers installs and works correctly, delete again the C: \ AMD folder from the root directory. To save space on the HDD.

6) Enable both the Internet and Anti-Virus program (if applicable).

7) Go back to Device Manager and check your GPU card driver is working and identified correctly.

Now see if you still get that error.

Also run in elevated Command Prompt - SFC /scannow to verify your Windows installation is good.

0 Likes